If it’s time to buy new bedroom furniture, there are some key points to keep in mind, according to Garry MacMurry, owner of MasterBedroom in Whitby.
- Know your room measurements. Most people want as big a bed as possible, and room size and layout helps determine whether you choose king, queen or twin beds. Most customers have a preferred style in mind, and at MasterBedroom Whitby they’ll find a large selection of contemporary (modern), transitional and traditional styles in various finishes.
- Have a colour and finish in mind. Mr. MacMurry says many people often look for finishes that contrast with flooring rather than blend in. So if your floors are light hardwood, darker furniture will stand out. Customers can choose finishes and different accents such as knobs or under-bed drawer storage to customize their look.
- Room layout helps determine the pieces that will work for you. In newer homes, ensuites and closet doors can mean limited wall space, so dressers are tall rather than low and wide.
- Older homes can have limited closet space, so you will want to maximize your clothes storage space and consider beds that have drawer space, too. “We have flexibility with whatever your needs are,” says Mr. MacMurry.
- Consider your budget: at MasterBedroom Whitby, bedroom furniture is available in all price ranges with many birch, pine and hardwood products from Canadian manufacturers, including College Woodwork http://www.collegewoodwork.com/, located in Oshawa. Metal beds from Quebec come in a dozen different colours, and adjustable beds are becoming popular choices for people who like to spend time on their laptops. Beds constructed of high-density board are Canadian made and come in various colours, with grey being on trend, and are popular choices for kids’ bedrooms.
- Buy the best you can afford. “It lasts forever and you do get what you pay for,” says Mr. MacMurry.
MasterBedroom Whitby has been locally owned for 35 years and carries a large inventory of Canadian-made bedroom furniture, suites and mattresses in various price points. It’s located at 1540 Dundas Street East, Whitby, at the northwest corner of Thickson Road and Dundas Street. Call 905-668-4300.